Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Spicy Pepper Chicken

Hello Guys!

I'm back after a 2 year hiatus. which I had devoted to my PG studies. And like my friend Riya said, now that its 'done and dusted', I can concentrate more on my blogs. Blogging has always been my passion. Cooking not so much though. Steffy and I had started this blog with the intend to keep us stay motivated to cook delicious healthy meals daily for our families. But as usual we let other things take priority :D

This one is also an extremely old post which I found in the drafts. At first when I saw it I was sitting and wondering, "How had I made this?" :D (Blogger should have more lively emoticons like whatsapp)

After a bit of searching memory through my old pics, I'm finally going to put down this recipe!
As the name signifies, this is a spicy recipe. So be warned...


Ingredients:

- 1 whole chicken, cleaned, cut into small pieces, without skin.
- 2 big onions, finely chopped
- 1 small sized tomato finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh pepper corns, slightly crushed
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp garam masala
- 4-5 tbsp (or the quantity you prefer) Sunflower/Coconut oil.
   You can use any oil you would normally use for cooking.
-  1/2 tbsp lemon juice (optional, but it adds lovely flavour)
- Salt according to your taste
- Curry leaves a little less than a handful
- Coriander leaves for garnishing


How to make:

First: Pour 1 tbsp of oil into a deep bottomed pan. Put in all the dry ingredients and roast for 3-5 minutes and then semi-grind them. I usually make use of fresh ingredients for making the garam masala.

Next: Pour another 3-4 tbsp of oil into the same pan and add in the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and curry leaves when the oil is hot. Let it cook for a few minutes until the onion starts turning slightly brown. Now add in the tomatoes. Let it cook until it turns mushy and oil starts seeping out of the gravy. Then add in the semi- ground dry ingredients. Let it all cook for 5 minutes then add in the chicken, lemon juice and salt. Mix it all together let that cook for another 2-3 minutes then add in 1 and 1/4 cups of water. Mix it. Cover the pan and bring to boil. Then let it simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is well cooking. Check taste and add in more pepper or salt according to your taste. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with ghee rice, chapati's or roti's...
And you should always remember, as with all cooking, we have to get the right taste that our taste buds prefer. So you can always play around with how much of an ingredient you actually want to put in to a food u r preparing.

Hope u guys try this out and love it as much as I did! Well then its bye for now...
Wait, there's this one thing... chatting in whatsapp has ruined my command over spellings. I am unconsciously typing in short forms. Do forgive me, as I have been doing that a lot in this post...

Till my next post then. Thank you so much for taking the time to go through this post!
Tataa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment