Tandoori chicken with ghee rice and some sauteed mushroom, lettuce and plain yogurt... :)
Here's what all you'll need for the tandoori chicken marination(for one whole chicken):
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste (I make it fresh. Store bought ones have an acidic taste to it which I don't like)
- 1/2 a lemon's juice
- salt according to taste
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp(add more if u want) red chilli powder or kashmiri chilli powder (gives a red colour)
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- chicken cleaned and cut into 4 large pieces.
Cut 2-3 long deep slits into each piece of the chicken.
- Now in a bowl mix chilli, cumin, coriander, tumeric, pepper powders, garam masala, salt... all the dry ingredients...
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, yogurt and lemon juice... mix well...
- Check taste and add whatever u feel is missing(chilli powder, salt or lemon juice)
- Coat the chicken all over with it... stuff it into the slits well...
Now this can stay covered in the fridge and you can cook it just before serving food. The longer u keep it marinated, the better it'd taste.
For cooking u could either fry it in a pan with little oil.. or else bake it in the oven at 200 degree C for about 30-35 minutes till the chicken is tender...
(I fried mine. And the ginger-garlic in my marination kinda ruined it by turning black :-| )
Squeeze out some lemon juice onto the cooked chicken and garnish with onion rings, slices of lemon and/or coriander leaves...
Tandoori chicken goes best with rice item... plain rice, ghee rice, fried rice... whatever u like :)