I wanted to make some new veggie cuisine for dinner and I had seen this recipe the vahchef had put up once. It is an Indo-Chinese recipe. As I had all the ingredients thought I'd give it a try.
It was ok. A bit sweet for my taste. I think it wud have been the chilly sauce I used. But it was a nice change from my normal cauliflower fry, kurma or curry. My son liked it. But then he likes all my cookings :)
Do give it a try...
Here's what all you'll need:
- Cauliflower florets (put it in hot water with salt to kill any germs in it) - 1 cup or 1 and 1/2
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Make a batter with all of the above(except cauliflower) and coat the cauliflower with it.
- Oil for frying
Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot deep fry the batter coated florets until they turn crispy. Keep aside
For making the sauce:
- Ginger, finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 a finely chopped onion
- Capsicum - 1 small
- Peppercorn crushed - 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp
- vinegar - 1 tbsp
- a pinch of sugar
- chilly paste - 1 tsp (I used chilly sauce coz I havent been able to get a good chilly paste as yet :(.. It makes a big difference.)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing- a few or add more if u want (my husband loves coriander leaves)
- Spring onions, finely chopped - 1 tbsp
Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies, onion and sautee until raw garlic smell leaves.
Lower flame. Add capsicum, salt, peppercorn, sugar, vinegar, chilly paste, soya sauce. Mix well.
Give a minute or two and then add the fried cauliflowers into the sauce. Mix. Switch off flame.
Garnish with coriander leave and spring onions. Serve hot :)
We had it with Daal curry and Ghee rice...