I had these pics with me since then. I thought I'd make it myself coming back to Dubai, but I never got to it. So here I am posting the recipe with the old pics :)
The pooris... they turned out really good. Crispy, nice :)
For making the poori you'll need:
- 1 cup semolina (rava or sooji)
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- warm water for mixing
- Mix semolina and salt. Then add some warm water.. just enough water to make it a bit grainy...not a paste. So that wud be just 3-4 tbsp of warm water.
- Now mix in the all purpose flour to make into a tight dough. Maida is added to absorb the moisture. If the dough is soft add a little more maida to tighten it.
- Kneed the dough for some 5 minutes. Add a few drops of oil and kneed again.
- Then let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- After you have let it rest for 20 minutes, roll the dough very thin to make round pooris. The thinner the better. My mom-in-law did this part, rolling it real thin. If its thin you'll get delicate crispy balls on frying and is much tastier than thick ones.
- Use round cutter to get nice shapes... or u could use cap of bottle or anything small and round.
- Fry them in a deep bottom vessel with hot oil.
- Thats it. Quite easy... :)
Here is the pani.
What I did was mix the following:
- 1.5 cup water
- 3/4 cup of tamarind pulp (made this by soaking tamarind in water and sqeezing all the pulp out)
- salt to taste
- pepper powder
- chilli powder
Make paste with the below ingredients and add to the pani
- 1 or 2 green chillies
- a few coriander leaves
- a few mint leaves
- Tamarind(if needed)
What you have to note here is check before adding chilli powder and pepper... add if u really need it or it'd be a bit tooo spicy to ur taste. Same thing with salt and tamarind... check taste as u mix ingredients into the pani. Add chat masala if u have..
For the stuffing we made some fried potato cubes, some chole and finely chopped onions. Here you can add more items like a paste of chilli+yogurt+tamarind.. or chopped tomatoes.. whatever u want! :)
Its just sooooo yummy and filling!! :)