Ingredients - Marinate
- 250gm boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- ½ tsp. ginger/garlic paste
- ½ an egg (beaten)
- pinch of red chili powder or flakes (optional)
Set this aside for about half an hour. Then fry until golden, do not over fry otherwise the chicken will turn hard. Remove and set aside.
- 1 tbsp. chopped onions or spring onion
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. corn flour mixed with water to form a light paste
- 1 whole red chili, slit
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- splash of soya sauce
- Heat the oil, add the whole red chilli, ginger and garlic pastes followed by the spring onion.
- Fry for a minute then add the tomato paste, ketchup, sugar and salt/pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then add the stock. Let it come to a simmer, lower the heat and add the corn flour paste.
- The sauce will instantly start to thicken. Once it is of a good thick consistency, add the fried chicken and a splash of soya sauce.
- Stir together and adjust salt, simmer for 3 more minutes on low heat, then turn off the heat and serve with fried rice.