Saturday, June 22, 2013

Different Moist Chocolate Cakes I've created so far...

I had been searching for the perfect moist chocolate cake and since having found it, ( http://coloursofourworld.blogspot.ae/2013/01/moist-chocolate-cake.html ), I have tried lots of different variations with it. Nothing drastic... just adding colours or excluding the cocoa or mixing with different icings...
I always had to make sure it'd not be too chocolatety, nor too fudgey...

Here are some of my creations:


This is one of my earliest creations. Its Moist chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting. Those chocolate balls are chocolate butter cream. I had first given the cake an icing of chocolate butter cream and then the whipped cream. And made some balls with the left over butter cream.... spread some cake crumbs on the sides. Those days getting to finish one cake was a big effort for me, so the decoration part would more or less be for the name sake.... wouldnt have much of an interest in it...

Here's a slice for u :)


It had tasted good :) My husband's cousin and wife had come that day from Muscat.... and lucky me, I had somebody who could actually understand the love for cakes and chocolates! :) Every time I make one of these I start wishing she was here...


This was my next experiment with the moist chocolate cake....A 3-layered cake...


Two of them being chocolate and one vanilla. This one has been topped with chocolate ganache, some honeyed corn flakes, grated chocolate (galaxy fruit & nuts) and strawberry...
This cake was so so soooo yummy. I totally fell in love all over again with this moist cake! :D

And here's a slice of that one too for u :)



And here is my latest experiment with the moist chocolate cake recipe....




I made it when my in-laws were here. It didnt turn out as good as the others in taste thou coz I went a little low on the batter and added flour to it at the end... which just made it a bit harder than what it was suppose to be and kinda dry. This one also I made into 3 layers: vanilla, chocolate and in the third one I added red colour. My red colour comes out pink :)
Frosted it first with whipped cream and then with chocolate ganache. Messed up on the piping work at the borders and tried to cover that up with some chocolate chips :P

Anyway, heres a slice for u :)


I've quit on making cakes and desserts. I'm the only one who has a sweet tooth here. And can u imagine a cake staying in the fridge for more than 2 or 3 days?!? No way! And so, they somehow end up in my tummy. And that is why I've said tata to cakes for now...

A few days back I saw a pic of cheesecake with jelly which my husband's cousin sister, Shamna, in Qatar, had made... I love cheesecake and jelly combination... have never made them myself thou....
I'm in quite a bad dilemma... If I get the recipe from her, then I'm sure to want to make it... and if I don't ask then that pic is going to have me go bake some or the other cake... hmm... should I ask?

Oh well... anyway, I hope you liked these cakes of mine. And don't worry, they're not fattening. They are just teeny meeny slices after all :D

Tata then! Catch u later.... :)


1 comment: