Recipe adapted from ethnicindiancuisine
- Fish - 500 gms
- Grated Coconut - 1 Cups
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Pearl Onion - 1 no
- Red Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies - 3 or 4
- Kudam Puli or Tarmarind - 2 small
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Any kind of fish can be used for this. Clean and cut the fish into pieces.
- In a blender, grind ginger, coconut, pearl onion, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, a couple of curry leaves and just enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the ground mixture into a clay pot, add the rest of the curry leaves, kudam puli, green chillies, salt and required amount of water(depends on how thick you need the gravy to be) and bring it to a simmer on medium heat.
- Now add the fish pieces and mix well. Cook on medium-low till the fish pieces are cooked.
- Drizzle coconut oil over the curry and keep covered.
- Serve hot rice.